Basfiber® products are ideally suited for applications requiring mechanical strength, resistance to high temperature, durability, chemical resistance and environmental friendliness especially when combination of such requirements is needed. Due to its outstanding properties and affordable price, Basfiber® successfully replaces traditional materials in automotive industry for production of:
- CNG cylinders
- Brake pads and clutch plates
- Thermo insulation for exhausting systems
- Muffler's filler
- Interior and exterior parts based on fabrics
- Thermoplastic parts and components
Compared to regular E-glass, Basfiber® shows:
- 25% higher tensile strength and 15% higher tensile modulus,
- High impact resistance
- Extended operating temperature range
- Excellent recyclability
According to National Directives on end-of-life vehicles, it is strongly recommended to car manufacturers to use end-of-life management principles during car development and production.
To fulfill such recommendations, car manufactures have to look for new "green" materials which could help them to meet environmental requirements and to ensure maximum recycling when the vehicles reach end-of-life stage.
Many cars and auto parts manufacturers have already chosen Basfiber® as such "green product" due to its advantages:
- As a raw material for Basfiber® production, we use basalt which is an inert natural rock.
- No chemical additives are used during Basfiber® production,
- Basfiber® has no toxic reaction with air, water or other chemicals that may be hazardous for people or pollute the environment,
- Basfiber® is not a carcinogenic product according to NTP, IARC or OSHA,
- Excellent end-of-life recyclability in incineration chamber and possibility of further use of black powder that is the product of recycling.
Besides excellent mechanical and sound/thermo insulation properties, the key competitive advantage of Basfiber® in this application is its outstanding recyclability which enables car producers to effectively meet strict end-of-life requirements.
- Composite based on polypropylene and chopped strand Basfiber,
- Veils production according to the “paper” technology.
Typical Basfiber® products for this application: wet chopped strand 13 to 16 µm, cut length 12.7mm), covered by KV-05/1 sizing (water compatible).
Basfiber® is much lighter than steel, has better mechanical properties than E-glass and is more cost-effective than carbon fiber.
All these advantages, along with excellent recyclability and extended range of working temperatures make Basfiber® extremely promising for production of CNG cylinders.
Production technology: filament winding technology
Typical Basfiber® product for this application: Assembled roving 13 µm, 1200 or 2400 tex, external unwinding, KV12 sizing (compatible with epoxy resin).
Car's brake pads and clutch plates
Basalt chopped strand are used as an alternative to asbestos in production of brake pads and provide the following advantages to final products:
- 2-3 times longer service life,
- Extended working temperature range
- Resistance to chemically aggressive conditions
- Eco friendliness
Typical Basfiber® products for this application: The 3 or 6 mm chopped strand, 13-16 µm, KV-02 sizing (compatible with phenolic resin).
Basfiber® advantages compared to traditional materials:
- 3 times longer service life,
- Much higher operating temperature
- High resistance to thermal cycling
- Greater noise reduction
- Lower moisture absorption
Typical Basfiber® products for this application: Assembled roving 17 µm, 2400 or 4800 tex, КV-42 sizing (compatible with epoxy or phenolic resin).
Thermo insulation for exhaust system
Basfiber® is used for production of thermo insulating sleeves, braids, and fabric for cars exhaust system. The flexible knitted sleeve, when installed on vehicle exhaust pipes, prevents exhaust gases from losing their high temperature as they flow through the exhaust system. The technology enables more complete conversion of gases and particulates, such as CO2 and unburned carbon, in the catalytic converter; the result is better engine effectiveness and less environmentally damaging exhaust effluents.
Typical Basfiber® products for this application: Textured roving for sleeves and braids or high tex twisted yarn (up to 600 tex) for fabrics. 13-16 µm, KV-02 sizing, compatible with phenolic resin.
Fabrics for interior and exterior parts.
Many interior and exterior parts of cars are traditionally produced from composite materials based on fabrics. Fabrics made with Basfiber are used by some car producers in this application because of its attractive dark-brown color, high mechanical properties, fire-resistance and competitive price.
Thermoplastic parts and components.
Today auto manufacturers widely use thermoplastic fiber composites as alternative to metal to reduce vehicles' weight and cost of production. With its outstanding mechanical properties, resistance to high temperature and "green" advantages, Basfiber® also can be successfully used in this application.
- English speaking sales, R&D and logistics staff
- Packaging labels and shipment documents in English
- Door-to-door delivery all around the world
- Worldwide distribution network
- Regional warehouses in Europe and USA
Ways of delivery
- 20' container, 11 pallets 120x80 cm (max net weight is 10 000 kg)
- 40' container, 23 pallets 120x80 cm (max net weight is 18 500 kg)
- A truck, up to 33 pallets (max net weight is 18 500 kg)